Congregation Beit Simchat Torah (CBST) is a vibrant spiritual community and a progressive voice within Judaism. Founded in 1973, CBST attracts and welcomes gay men, lesbians, bisexuals, transgender, queer and straight individuals and families who share common values. Passionate, provocative, and deeply Jewish, CBST champions a Judaism that rejoices in diversity, denounces social injustice wherever it exists, and strives for human rights for all people.
• We are a house of prayer, offering both traditional and liberal services and lifecycle events.
• We are a house of learning, continually expanding our knowledge and deepening our understanding of our religious and cultural heritage.
• We are a house of refuge and healing, offering community support and pastoral care.
• We are a house of conscience, fighting for the full equality of LGBTQ people locally, nationally and internationally.
• We are committed to Israel and engaged in supporting efforts to secure peace, justice and equality for all.